Silverglades Doggy Code
As doggy people ourselves, we understand how hard it can be to find good quality accommodation that welcomes your whole family and your dogs. That’s why we’re keen to make Silverglades as dog friendly as possible.
We also understand why many accommodation owners say no to dogs! We’re determined not to punish the majority of dog owners for the behaviour of the few. To ensure we all get along for years to come, we thought it might be helpful to outline a few house rules for our doggy guests and also to remind you of some useful tips for a safe and happy holiday.
It is important to point out that taking a dog friendly holiday does not mean taking a holiday from your responsibilities as a dog owner.
- For the consideration of other guests, other dogs and animals on site you must keep your dog(s) under control around the other properties, this may mean keeping them on a lead when you first set out for your walk – obviously once you’re out and about the choice is yours (but please follow the woodland rules displayed on signs)
- Please do not leave your dog alone with free run of the property – we do not want to have to charge you extra for damages
- Do do doo-doo patrol !! Please pick up after your dog wherever they are and use a doggy bag. We’ve provided free poo-bags in your doggie welcome pack, so please use them. Also, please ‘clear as you go’ – as our gardener may well mow the lawn while you’re out.
- Please try and vacuum up the dog hairs as you go – once they are walked into the carpets they’re that much harder to get out.
- Muddy dog? Please used the doggy towel provided – also try and wipe down the doors if the wet dog had brushed against them (so much easier to remove when it’s still wet!)
- Try to keep the bedroom doors shut – as we do ask that dogs do not go in the bedrooms (keeping the doors shut means no sneaky dogs lying on beds!)
- Please do not allow dogs on the furniture without the doggy blanket (provided)
- Please try and discourage your dog from eating the wildlife!
Emergency contact for a vet – 01479 872 252
Strathspey Veterinary Centre, Unit 8, Dalfaber Industrial Estate, Aviemore. PH22 1ST